Thursday, June 24, 2010

WOO-HOO!!!! Down 7.8 lbs!

Holy Shit Hannah is right! I lost 7.8 lbs tonight! I'm FINALLY in the 230s!!!!!!!! 239.6 lbs to be exact. WOOO -HOOO!!!!!!! You have no idea how excited I am to finally say good-bye to the 240s. Oh wait...Okay, maybe you do! *smile*. I couldn't get the smile off my face at my WW meeting. I'm just so happy! I totally could jump up and down like a preschooler right now! I was hoping for a big number like that, but I wasn't sure it would happen. YAY! I've never had a WI like that before. It feels awesome!

The proof  although blurry.
(Sorry the slippery/shinny WW paper makes it difficult to photograph)
1st WI results
After my WI and listening to my awesome leader Karen talk, I decided to buy a pita from the Pita Pit .  I opted for their hummus whole wheat pita packed with lettuce, tomato, onion, sprouts, cucumbers and peppers with honey dijon mustard. It was soooo good.  So tasty and I will definitely be getting another one as a treat sometime. I wouldn't want to buy these all the time though as the hummus is not low fat.  I do realize I could totally make a low fat hummus pita a home myself though, so maybe that's what I should be doing next time. Humm....it sure was nice to have someone else make it though.

After I ate, I went to Chapters and bought a few books. I spent a lot of money, but I think it was worth it. They have a sale on right now buy three books get the fourth free. Score! I bought Living Vegetarian for Dummies - I love the dummy books. I thought it was a good idea as I'm still fairly new to this veggie lifestyle and this book looks like it really provides a easy to read guide into the world of vegetarianism. I also bought a awesome vegetarian cookbook by good housekeeping called Family Vegetarian cookingI bought this one simply because the book was packed with photos and all the recipes looked delicious and easy to make. Plus each recipe has the nutritional info included for easy WW point calculations!  The third and forth books I bought were Skinny Bitch and The 100-Mile Diet. I've spoken on this blog about the Skinny Bitch book before. A friend of mine had it at work and I started reading it.  I found it very funny and to the point. It caught my attention right away. I think it really pushes the vegan diet, but I'm looking forward to reading the whole thing and taking tips from it here and there.

The 100-mile diet book I had no intention of buying tonight, but when I picked it up I found it intriguing. It's about a couple in Vancouver, British Columbia that decided for one year to only eat food that is grown/produced within a 100 mile radius of their apartment. They end up "transforming themselves from mega-mart shoppers to self sufficient urban pioneers" - this is what the back of the book tells me anyway! ;-) I did read the first few pages at chapters though and was hooked. I want to know how they did it, so I bought the book. Plus, it's nice to read something Canadian once and awhile.

Veggie Books! 
Anyway, I think that's it for tonight folks. Nighty Night.

6 comments:

  1. Wow, and wow! What a fantastic loss for you! Whoo! I am mega impressed. Those books sound cool, too. I live in Van, or very near, so those 100 mile peeps are right here!

    I also wanted to pop on and say thank you for such a lovely comment on my blog. It means a lot to me that you look at my pics and imagine you are there! What a cool thing that is to hear! I know you will do it- nearly 8 lbs for pete's sake- and you will look FANTASTIC!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wooohooooo!!!!!! That is freaking awesome!!! I can't wait to join you in the 230's which will hopefully be soon.

    I'm going to order some books today through Chapters and at least on your above list is in my shopping cart too:) I've owned the 100-mile book since it first came out and really enjoy it. I think I've re-read it at least 4-5 times. Did you watch the tv special on The Food Network associated with the authors?

    I look forward to reading a review on the Good Housekeeping cookbook:) I saw it at my local Chapters but didn't pick it up at the time


    Once more also:

    YOU ROCK!!!
    Fiona:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on such a wicked loss!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys. I'm very happy with the results. Now to not gain it back! Here's to another good week!

    Fiona -I actually was just in the vegetarian cooking section of the store and just so happened to pick up the 100-mile book and read it. I never really heard about it before. I've never seen the TV special, but now I wish I did!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sonya~ You should be able to view episodes on the Food Network. Its pretty interesting though I'd love to see a followup show a year later

    ReplyDelete
  6. ! ! ! ! !SONYA! ! ! ! !

    That is awesome! Congrats. I can imagine how excited you were last night at your weigh in, that is a great loss.

    Re: Pita Pit. I love their hummus pitas, but yeah they don't use low cal hummus and they put a BUTT load of hummus on. I too greatly appreciate someone else making my pita, so what I've started to do is ordering the veggie pita on wholewheat, and then I go home and add my own appropriate serving size of hummus to my pita. Just an idea if you want to take it.

    Congrats again! Keep up the hard work!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails