Saturday, June 26, 2010

Wow!

That's me. I know - Crazy!

That picture was taken of me during the happiest time in my life.

I was in a continent I always wanted to be in (Africa) at the weight I always wanted to get to (roughly 160lbs give or take a few).

That smile is truly genuine.

Sad part is that picture was taken 7 years ago!

Since that time I've packed on the pounds resulting in me looking nothing like that picture anymore. You can refer to the Progress Pictures tab at the top of this blog to see what I look like now. Warning,  it's a really shitty photo of me (cause I now look like shit) so your jaw might drop. Yup, that's what you get when you don't take care of yourself! Ugh....The colleagues I've shown my 7 year old photo to were shocked. They don't even recognize me in that photo. This of course I find sad, but can I blame them? They have never known me skinny. They've only known me as the fat, tall chick. Okay, they might not say it like that, but you get the point.

I found that photo recently and made it my profile picture on facebook. Not because I wanted all those high school acquaintances to think I was still skinny (trust me, they know I'm not), but as motivation for myself.
I'm on facebook a lot. Wish I wasn't (as it's a total time sucker), but I am. Now each time I log on I'll see that picture and be reminded of what I could be (once again)  if I stick to it. It keeps me in check and on track.  It's so much better than putting a picture on my fridge, because that fridge picture I would only see at home. Facebook I check at home and work (shhhhh). I gotta say, so far it's working!

Anyway......Tonight I'm on night shift again *sigh* but I'm doing well with my food. I've had some wonderful berries and plan to track them using 'set points' for the first time. I'm also having some green beans again (oh, how I've missed them) and six pieces (1.5 servings) of  PC Blue Menu Meatless Chicken Fingers. So damn good and a great source of protein!  I like them better than those meatless buffalo wings I tried the other night. This time I dipped them in a  "health check" roasted red pepper dip (25cal/2tbsp) I picked up at Sobeys tonight. The dip tasted awesome with the fingers... and way more healthy than the lovely mayo I use to dip these suckers in before!
Not too shabby I say, not too shabby! :-)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your comment and well wishes on weigh in. I normally walk fast it's just my thing. Having an anchor (your picture) is a good thing. The last time I was skinny I was 5 so I use a vision board but same idea.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails