Sunday, June 13, 2010

Thursday is W-Day

I ate an entire container of Ruffles French Onion Dip in less than 24hours. THE ENTIRE JAR!!!!  I ate it for a snack last night, for breakfast (ugh) this morning and for lunch! What is wrong with me????

All I can say is this is why I plan to walk into a WW meeting on thursday. Although I love my running pictures because they capture a great moment in my life, I can't help but notice that I still look gross and disgusting. Okay, so perhaps that's an exaggeration, but I'm sure you get what I mean. I hate the fact I have a turkey "gobble gobble" neck. Sure it runs in my family. My grandmother has one, my mother has one too, but they got theirs in the 50s and 60s. I got mine in my 20s. I don't need to have it right now! With weight loss, it will slowly disappear and I can't wait.

I saw so many runners of all different shapes and sizes yesterday and they all kicked my ass. It was awesome. I know to be a fast runner, you don't have to be a skinny little thing, but as I said in my previous post, I hope that with weight loss it will help me increase my pace.  It makes sense, the less you have to haul around, the faster you shall go, so here's hoping. This morning I found one article that states

If you're already trying to shed some pounds, here's more incentive: Research has shown that, on average, runners get two seconds per mile faster for every pound they lose. So, for example, a 10-pound weight loss would shave about one minute off your 5K race time.


I know it doesn't seem like much, but I have about 70 pounds to lose! That's 7 minutes off my current pace and that doesn't take into consideration just getting better because of more training. Each run for me is brutal, and I know the weight I'm carrying around is not helping me achieve my best. I don't want to quit because I've come too far, but I have to do something to make it easier, and weight loss in one solution. 


I have to say though I don't know how runners do it. My legs were so sore after the run. I soaked in a cold bath, followed by a hot shower and still they were sore. I sprayed muscle mist on my legs and A535 and still they are sore. These peeps that run 5-10k daily....how the hell do they do it? How do they keep their legs so loose? I can't even imagine running today and tomorrow is still a question mark. I truly envy them, I really do. I hope one day to learn their secrets and be like them.

3 comments:

  1. Don't beat yourself up, we all seem to have our binges. I find that if I don't buy it, I won't eat it. I have given up so many "diet" items just because I know I'll overdo it and eat too much. No more Weight Watcher's ice cream, no more Vita Tops - it sure isn't easy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always rememeber to strech, and streching before a workout isn't going to help as your muscles are cold, always after.

    You Rocked! You did it! You ran 5k! you just need to keep at it, and eventually you will shed the lbs and your body will become adjusted to the distance and increased distances and it won't be as sore.

    Keep up the amazing work :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Be good to yourself! Your an inspiration to me.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails