Saturday, June 12, 2010

I did it!


I did it. I ran in a 5K race! I had wonderful supporters cheering me to the finish line and a great companion along the route. It was a very hard run as it was windy as hell and cloudy (we had a thunderstorm only 3 hours before!), but I did it. I didn't walk once.  I did learn something today though. My Nike + sensor is not calibrated right. lol....OOPS!  I would hit the 2km (or so my Nike + sensor would tell me I did) when in fact I still had about 400 meters or so to go to hit it according the the official race flags. As a result, I'm thinking today I ran my first "official" 5K...and my time shows it. lol.... My chip time was 44.02. I was slow as molasses and I was way behind the average pace, but I finished. I didn't walk once. 

The fact that I want to increase my pace in the future so bad, has me thinking of counting calories again. I have fallen off the wagon food wise for awhile now, and I really want/need to get back to battling the bulge. I know if I was skinnier I'd be faster...and I really want to be faster, and stronger, and more fit than I am. As a result, I'm thinking of heading back to WW soon. It's such an easy program if you can stay on target and follow it. I know I'll see results if I try it again. So here goes nothing.

Anyway, I'll leave you with some photos from the run! Enjoy.

Getting Ready!


Slow as Molasses, but I did it! 


The Runners - The little guy did his first 1K run at 2.5 years old!!! 


My best buds and I


3 comments:

  1. Yeah! Your first race! You did awesome. Congrats

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Sonya!!!! You must have felt absolutely amazing and so proud of yourself! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails