Thursday, March 25, 2010

Down 1.5lbs AND Week 1, Run 1 - DONE!

...and the training begins! I went out and ran/walked with my friend like I said I was going to last night. Although it was pretty nice out, we decided to go to the local recreation centre and run the track instead.  I ran for a whole 8 minutes...lol....

The running ipod podcast I'm listening to while running are based on theCool Running website.

I did eight 60 second runs with 90 second walks in between with a five minute warm-up and cool down. I'm not going to lie, it was hard, and I was huffing and puffing by the end, but it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. Having someone to run with definitely helped. It was also kind of fun to people watch as many other runners were there and people were playing tennis on the inside of the track as well. Time did go by faster than if I was by myself only concentrating on my running. I will not be able to hit the track with my friend every time I run, but it was definitely nice for a change.

My friend that I worked out with has decided (if she can also download the program) to train for the 5K with me. I'm so excited.  Now there will be five of us running together if we all stick with it!

In other news I lost 1.5lbs this week. I have no clue how that happened. I haven't been watching my intake that much, but maybe the veggie lifestyle is helping like I hoped. I have to say once again, I'm really hoping that by becoming vegetarian and training for this 5K, the weight will just come off with not too much extra effort.....I guess only time will tell.

I decided to put my all time highest weight as my start number on my blog (see left hand column). Yes, I lost the weight awhile ago, and decided to start this journey again at 246lbs...but I still lost a bunch of weight before that and I think that should count for something....and plus this is my blog and I can do what I want to ;-)

Soooo.....in total I have lost a total of 20lbs from my highest weight ever. Not too shabby...but I got a long way to go.

3 comments:

  1. Most definitely put your highest weight as your starting point! You lost the weight...it counts!

    I started to do the couch to 5K thing a few years ago. It really does work. Sadly, my knees do not allow me to run. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job, Sonya! I'm actually a bit jealous - if I wasn't preggo, I would definitely consider trying the C25K program again...
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a couch to 5k app on my iphone and I am loving it. I am on week six. It gets easier, don't get me wrong I still think its hard sometimes but it does get easier. Stick with it!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails