Thursday, December 18, 2014

Exciting times ahead

Since returning from Jamaica, I'm slowly getting back into the swing of things .

I was back to working nights on Friday and did so all weekend. I then had Monday and Tuesday off. Monday, Lucky and I stayed in bed all day. ALL DAY. No, it wasn't what you might be thinking. Lucky was (and actually still is)  feeling under the weather so he decided to watch TV in bed (which he rarely does). I kept him company mostly because I was feeling tired after working three 12hr night shifts, but also because we got addicted to watching old episodes of "The Big C". -- great show btw. I'm not going to lie, I loved being in bed and just hanging out with Hubby. I absolutely loved it. It was a great bonding day and all couples need that, even after vacations to Jamaica!  Lazy won that day and I'm okay with it.


Tuesday I managed to get out of bed and get a few things done I needed to. Mostly shopping. I still didn't do as much as I probably should have, but like I said, I'm SLOWLY getting back into the swing of things. Wednesday night, followed by tonight and tomorrow I'm back on nights.


On Tuesday, I weighed myself again and finally started tracking. Yay!  I didn't take a new "weigh scale" picture as my weight has stayed the same since my Post Jamaica WI. Plus it hasn't been a full week since my last weigh-in. My next 'true' WI will be Sunday.  I remain thankful that I haven't gained as I've been moving far less and eating poorly since being home. I haven't been eating awful, but I know that I'd be beyond my points if I was counting. 


I am surprised that it has taken me longer than I thought it would to jump back into tracking since I do still feel motivated to lose. My only thought is that maybe I subconsciously needed more time than I thought adjusting to being back at home before diving in again. I'm okay with that.  The good news is, that I'm back to tracking now and I'm ready to hit my next milestone.

What's that you ask?


My 10% Target of course......


As per Elizabeth Josefsberg who wrote the article "Why Target 10 Percent?", 


"When Weight Watchers added the 10-percent target in January of 2000, it was called "The 10-percent difference." According to Stephanie Schoemer, MS, RD, Program Development Manager for Weight Watchers, the program change was introduced because research showed that losing just 10 percent of one's body weight "translates to significant health benefits.

She's referring to changes such as lower cholesterol and blood pressure as well as reduced risk of developing type 2 diabetes. It also seems to increase life expectancy and decreased lifetime medical care costs by $2,200 to $5,300. A 10- to 15-percent weight loss could even lower the risk of premature illness and death.

Health benefits aside, the emotional and motivational effects of small amounts of weight loss are exceptional. "Losing 10 percent extends beyond these [health] benefits to include increased feelings of vigor, vitality and increased motivation. Success breeds success, and setting achievable goals is a key component of sustainable weight loss," Schoemer adds."

I can't wait to hit my 10% target and reap the benefits of above. My 10% target will put me at 221.9lbs, but since my scale only reads in 0.5lb increments, I'll be watching for 221.5lbs. Guess what I just realized though? If I reach 221.5lbs, I'll also reach another milestone at the same time! I'll have lost 25 pounds!!!

I'm telling you folks, there are exciting times ahead for me. Now I just have to do the work to get there. I can do this folks. I've already lost 20.5 pounds, what's another 4.5lbs?!




1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry to hear about your hubby being under the weather, but so thankful that you had the time with him to recharge your relationship! :-)

    You've got that 4.5! I'll be here cheering for you!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails