Monday, August 04, 2014

Don't forget the small things.

The last couple of days I have been reading blogs where people are struggling. This weight loss thing is not easy for any of us, is it?  I wish I had the answer that would make it easier for you. Heck, I wish I had the answer to make it easier for me, but I don't. It's so hard. All I can think of, is that when you feel you are drowning or failing, remember to still give yourself credit for the baby steps. You might not be losing weight. You might have actually gained weight, but maybe you didn't gain as much as you could have, if you gave into something you didn't.

For me, this time around (yes, there have been many rounds) it has been all about the baby steps. It's about dipping my toe into the water rather than jumping in head first. So far I feel like it's working. So far, my journey hasn't felt like a diet and I'm so thankful for that. I'm not saying this feeling will last forever, (as I'm just starting once again), but for now I'm happy.

I truly think my #100daysofsalad challenge, has helped me greatly. It has forced me to eat at least one healthy meal a day. I know if I eat one healthy meal a day, I'm more prone to eat two meals that are healthy and so on and so on. I'm not perfect yet. I'm not tracking points, but for now I'm still proud of myself for making baby step changes. For saying no to tim hortons on the way to work everyday where of course I'd always get a donut with my steeped tea.  To saying no to pizza when I don't feel like cooking. For saying no to the chocolate bar that was literally screaming my name as I stood in the grocery line. I am pleased with myself for having the willpower to resist. I usually wouldn't.  These things might not directly equal weight loss, but I know over time they will. I know the more healthy choices I make, the better off I will be.

So please don't be too hard on yourself. Think of the baby steps. Write them down. I bet you're winning more than you think.

2 comments:

  1. Everyone starts someone, that is for sure! I am certainly proof of that. Keep up the good work, Sonya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent post and a great reminder too! Struggle seems to be my middle name here lately! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails