Friday, October 01, 2010

Cancer


Happy Breast Cancer Awareness Month Everyone!

Did you know that breast cancer continues to be the most common cancer among Canadian women?


Did you know that in 2010, an estimated 23,200 women in Canada will be diagnosed with breast cancer, an increase of (500) from 2009?  On average, 445 Canadian women will be diagnosed with breast cancer every week.

Did you know....

◦6,600 breast cancer cases diagnosed in women 70+

◦5, 800 breast cancer cases diagnosed in women 60-69

◦6,200 breast cancer cases diagnosed in women 50-59

◦3, 500 breast cancer cases diagnosed in women 40-49

◦950 breast cancer cases diagnosed in women under the age of 40

Also, did you know that in 2010, an estimated 180 men in Canada will be diagnosed with breast cancer? (all facts taken from the Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation website)

--------

I never thought to put this on my blog, but since I was asked if I was taking donations in a comment I though would post it.

If you care to donate to either 5K I will be running this month. You can find the links below.

Once again I will be running the "CIBC Run for the Cure" this October 3, 2010 in support of the Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation. Who am I running for????? -----------> My Mom!

You can donate here if you wish.

On October 24, 2010 I will be running the "5K on the Runway" in support of the Hearth Place Cancer Centre which provides support and services to all people coping with cancer.

If you would like to donate to this cause send me your e-mail address and I can send you the link to the Runningroom donation page. I've tried a few times to have it link up here, but it doesn't seem to be working! ugh....

If you do decide to support this cause that is close to my heart, I thank you from the bottom of my heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails