Saturday, May 08, 2010

Flakie Sadness

I had a weak moment and now I'm paying for it. When out grocery shopping yesterday I bought a lot of good foods. I also bought passion flakies and cinnamon raisin rice pudding. I knew it was bad, but I thought maybe (just maybe) I'd be able to not inhale them both in one day.


I was wrong.

I ate the entire box of flakies in less than 24 hour and the entire large container of rice pudding.

They are both completely gone now.

So. Not. Cool!

I'm not sure what triggered the need to inhale. I really didn't think it would turn out this way. I can have chocolate in my house and ice cream in my house for weeks without eating it now (something I would have inhaled before), but I suppose flakies and rice pudding are still a red flag food for me. It's better if I just stay away.

I was feeling a bit nervous/anxious after I wrote my post last night (okay, well perhaps I do know why I inhaled) After looking up my route on mapmyrun like I said I did, I then went to coolrunning.com and realized I'm only running 3K in 25 minutes when I should be running 4K. I knew I was slow, but it was kind of like a punch to the stomach. Here I thought I was doing well (and yes, I do realize I still am for just doing it in the first place), but then to realize I'm behind the pace by so much...well, it kind of sucks. Top it off with the fact I mapped out 5K and now truly know how far that is....I think I freaked out a bit.

Today I'm feeling a bit better of course. I'm trying not to think of the 5K race, but just taking it run by run as I have for the last 7 weeks. On the coolrunning website It states "Week 7 - Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then jog 2.5 miles (or 25 minutes)." My podcast just has me running 25 minutes...but perhaps I need to run the 2.5 miles (4km) instead no matter how long it takes me. I'm really not sure. Four kilometers might take me 35 minutes and that's a huge jump from running for only 25 minutes. Ahhhh...I'm not sure what to do. Help! Any runners out there?

15 comments:

  1. don't look too far down the road, just take it one day on at a time

    (the running and the food :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. As my mom always says, you're only off track for one meal. It only takes one meal to get back on track!! So no worries!

    However, when you make a large purchase like that, try dividing the flakies (is that cereal?) into serving-size portions and put them into snack baggies, so you only get one serving at a time. You can also do that with the pudding. Maybe invest in some tiny little snack containers that you can put servings of food in and put them in the refrigerator. It can help in the whole inhale and devour thing.

    Good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  3. One day at a time and the best part about that is there is a new one every 24 hours. :) I love to run, but haven't been able to in years. Good luck on the 5K. You're doing great

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't be cruel to yourself, its just one day. You can make it up anyway. How I wish I have time for running though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I make a large purchase like that, try dividing the flakies (is that cereal?) into serving-size portions and put them into snack baggies, so you only get one serving at a time. You can also do that with the pudding. Maybe invest in some tiny little snack containers that you can put servings of food in and put them in the refrigerator. thanx for share.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the Tip Megan. These are little square pastry looking things though that already come wrapped in their own individual packages. It didn't stop me from inhaling more than one. :-S I think I"m just not ready to have them in the house. It sucks because they are so light and airy but still too many calories.

    ReplyDelete
  7. In the shade of this make-shift awning, Jack Harkness lie curled up in the
    dust and grime listlessly drawing circles in the sandy soil.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, invest in some tiny little snack containers that you can put servings of food in and put them in the refrigerator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That May be invest in some tiny little snack containers that you can put servings of food in and put them in the refrigerator. thanx for share.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are little square pastry looking things though that already come wrapped in their own individual packages. It didn't stop me from inhaling more than one. :-S I think I"m just not ready to have them in the house.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You don't need to force your self, just take it one day at time. Stay focus don't turn your head back.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well, I think I"m just not ready to have them in the house. It sucks because they are so light and airy but still too many calories. thanx for the info.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think focusing at one time will take you to be successful. Very inspiring post. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well, you can invest in some tiny little snack containers that you can put servings of food in and put them in the refrigerator.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey, don't be nervous, just take it one day time.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails