Saturday, October 02, 2010

Alone Again

For the last 2.5 years, I have been living with my best friend. Prior to that I lived alone for 3 years and now I do again!  My best friend moved out of my house yesterday. She now lives an hour away from me just north of Toronto.  I'm of course very excited for her as she starts a new chapter in her life, but I'm also a bit sad too as I'll miss seeing her everyday.

I'm telling you this all because over the years I've realized that loneliness and boredom are two triggers for me. When I am either, I'm more likely to fall off the wagon. When I was living alone before, this was when I gained the majority of my weight. I did have periods where I was 'good' and lost weight in the past (you long time readers know that!), but the weight would just come back when either of these feelings would occur....that, or stress! Of course there were other factors involved too that contributed to my weight gain, but loneliness and boredom played their part for sure.

Going forward I'm really going to try not to give into either of these feelings. Things are different in my world now. I have a better support system, I have a larger social circle, and I'm happier. I will not allow myself to 'go back there' to feelings of depression and self-pity simply because I'm alone. I plan to live my best life in my 30s and if I give into those feelings I'm only living the opposite.

Thankfully to tackle the boredom, I've decided to do some decorating around my place.  I fell out of decorating mode awhile ago, but with Cookie (the bff) gone, it's now come back as I have an empty room to work on.

Cookie's old room is currently a wonderful shade of sunshine sponge painted yellow. Even the ceiling is sponge painted! Oh yes, I said the ceiling! To add to that they put stars and moons on the ceiling (which they actually sponge painted over!) and there is a lovely navy blue stars and moons border! Very 1990s for sure!  Now of course Cookie didn't do this. It was this way when I bought the place, but she like I, just didn't have the energy to do the work to remove it. That is until now!  It's going to take some work, but I'm up for the challenge. I'm not exactly sure what the colour scheme will be, but I can assure you it will be nothing like the current colours!

I also have a wonderful office to work on as well. The yellow colour is in that room too, but this time the sponge paint is forrest green! Oh, I must not forget to tell you about the flower brownish colour border! YUMMY!!!! I already have the colour picked out for this room, but you'll have to keep reading in the future to find out!

Needless to say, I have a few projects to keep me busy so I will not be bored.  I'm also going to attempt to make several social outing with friends so I don't get lonely. At some point I want to 'get out there' and start dating again, but when the last guy said to me...."oh a girl with glasses and curves, just thinking about it makes me hard" it doesn't give a girl a lot of hope that there are still true gentlemen out there!!!!  There's got to me though. Fingers crossed anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails