Sunday, June 27, 2010

31

Nope, that's not the amount I've lost so far. It's now my age! Yup, that's right. I'm 31 big ones today!

Today for brunch my family and I are going to the Imperial Buffet. Sad part is I picked it. lol.....I originally wanted to go to this vegetarian restaurant that I found online, but the darn place is closed on sundays. What's up with that? I thought nothing closed on sundays anymore!  I chose the buffet, because it's easy for my family. Everyone can pick what they want including myself with no issues. Sometimes when I go to restaurants since turning vegetarian there is not a lot of variety. I either end up with a pasta dish or a veggie burger. I didn't want that on my birthday so I choice the buffet. Sue me. I'm hoping (like I did at the Mandarian) to just eat a bunch of veggies and be very mindful of my eating. I did it once, I can do it again.

Yesterday I also went out to dinner. I went and saw my Aunt who was visiting from BC at my grandmother's house. We ended up going to this place called the pizza factory. I ordered their only vegetarian dish (besides vegetarian pizza) and was a bit disappointed. I pictured it in this nice bowl filled with veggies with a little pasta and sauce. It ended up coming in this square dish and it was PACKED with cheese! It was NOT healthy. AT. ALL. Did I still eat it though? Yup. I know...... I suck. I did learn something from the experience though. Ask the waitress exactly what it will come looking like when you order it. The description in the menu, doesn't always give you a good idea.  If I asked, I would have either changed my order to the pizza (which was actually probably healthier) or asked for 'light on the cheese please'. Oh well....note for next time.

Anyway, wish me luck today. I'm really going to try to be careful, but I'm not going to lie though. I do plan to have some birthday pie (not a huge cake girl....thank god!)

3 comments:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

    I hope you have a better experience today than you did last night.

    And Enjoy your pie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday!!! I hope you have a great and healthy veggie supper option(s) tonight:D

    Fiona

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday! It's possible to make decent choices at a buffet....and drink a ton of water!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails