Monday, February 01, 2010

UP +2lbs

Old Weight = 244lbs
Current = 246lbs

Total lost = 2.5lbs since Jan 1st.


That's what happens when you lay in bed for a week and eat Burger King and other fatty foods for comfort.

I have decided it's time to go back to counting points. I really don't want to, but obviously I need to. Operation January to June is not kicking ass and it needs to start to. So being that it is Feb 1st, I thought it would be a good time to start.

I do want to reach some sort of goal by my Birthday, but I haven't put a number on it. I'm not sure whether I should or not. Really I have five full months until my birthday on June 27th. Could I lose 40lbs by then? Is that too much to ask?  I don't think so, but it's going to take a lot of hard work and determination. Something I must  admit I still struggle with. I can do this though.

Several of my friends have started getting healthy this year and are losing weight. They too are counting points. They are doing what they said they were going to do. I need to start too. I don't want to be that girl that talked the talk, but didn't walk the walk. I don't want to be that girl that was the one that talked the most about changing her life, but never did. I don't want to be the only friend in our little group that didn't reach her goals. How embarrassing would that be?

I have reached every goal I have set for myself in the past. Not that I really set a lot, but normally if I set something for myself, I accomplish that goal. With weight loss though, I can't seem to do it, and I'm not sure why. I need to change my thinking, my behaviour, my inner voice. I need to believe I can do this, as much as I believed I could concur school, buy a house, or go to Africa. I need to believe I can so I'm going to work on that too.

I still have my skinny jeans hanging on my wall in my bedroom. I will get into those suckers again. I will...that is my goal!

2 comments:

  1. I love the jeans on the wall...sort of looks like a modern art project, lol!
    My humble opinion is: do not put a deadline on your weight loss.I've done this many, many times. And every. single. time. something has come up and I've missed the deadline.
    And then what happens?
    I feel like I failed. I get down on myself, and being an emotional eater...well, you can figure the rest out.
    It's great to have a goal of total pounds you want to lose, but try not to give it a deadline. You'll get there when you get there...just focus on making good choices every day, and the weight will come off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear ya Jenn. I usually don't put a deadline on my weight loss at all. This time though I don't see June as a typical end date. I honestly just have it in my head that I want to do as much changing (on the inside and out) as I can before my birthday. It is motivating for me right now, but I do hear ya like I said, because I have had those defeated feelings in the past when I set a weight loss goal and didn't meet it.

    Thanks for the comment!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails