Sunday, April 04, 2010

Woo-Woo!

....and this is why we have goals in life ladies and gents! Even though today is a gorgeous day here in Ontario (16C/63F),  I really didn't feel like getting out there and running. I wanted to be a couch potato. I wanted to velcro my ass to the sofa and not move. I just wanted to vegetate. I've felt a bit tired and lazy lately because of the shift work and switching back from night to days. I also haven't run since Wednesday  and if I don't exercise for a couple days, the more I'm likely to not exercise in the future. Nonetheless,  I'm happy to report I didn't sit on the couch! Instead I got my fat ass off of it, and ran Week 2, Run 2 of the couch 25K program, Can I get a Woo-Woo!!!! Oh that's right, I rocked it!  I got up and out the door, because I remembered the goal I set for myself. I  remembered I can't let myself and my friends down who will be running the 5K with me at the end of the summer.  If it wasn't for that goal, I can guarantee I would have just continued to sit where I normally have for  far too long.

 Yesterday I spent the day out shopping with my sister. She needed new tops as she's preggers (yay!!!!) and I needed new tops because my current ones are all worn and old. I ended up finding a few at Addition Elle, and Ricki's.  Most were 2X still, but one was an 1X and I even got an XXL from Ricki's.  I also bought a pair of size 16 (T/G just means tall length!) jeans for the first time in FOREVER. Can I get another WOO-WOO!!!!! Sure they are stretch material, but do I care? Hell no! They're still a size 16 and that's all that matters!

Regardless of the awesome sizes I am able to fit into lately, I must be honest and say my food intake hasn't been award winning in the last few days. I'm actually a bit embarrassed to share what I've had. No meat involved, but french fries, ice cream and onion rings somehow entered my body. I have no idea how, but they somehow ended up in my mouth and forcing themselves down my throat. How rude,  eh?
As a result, I've been thinking of signing up for WW online. I've usually gone to meetings when doing WW, but I think if I continue to blog and find support here, I might be okay not to. We'll see. I still haven't decided. I know I need to do something. No matter how much I work out, I still need to get my food under control or I'm never going to shed these pounds.  The thought of counting points for the billionth time though, is not my idea of fun. It's not something I've been able to sustain for long periods of time, so why do I want to go back?  I know it works, but I always fall off the wagon in the end? Will it be different this time?

Talking of Food, tonight I'm heading to my parents house for Easter dinner. I once again made Cool 'N Easy Mousse Pie. It's so yummy. It should be a nice time. Speaking of that, I should go and get ready! Happy Easter to all who celebrate!  Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

2 comments:

  1. I love shopping for clothes when I get to buy them a smaller size then the time before :) Congrats of the new clothing size - it must feel great.

    I totally hate when fatty food jumps into my mouth - I know all about it, and I totally agree, bad food really needs to learn table manners.

    You need to figgure out what works for you, food wise, and do it. You have to believe that every time you try to get food under control it will be the last time, the time that sticks and works. You'll find something that works - I know it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the 16s! I love shopping and seeing the sizes get smaller. :)

    I actually prefer WW Online to the meetings. (Maybe I was going to the wrong meeting?) Tracking is a pain and for me personally,sometimes becomes obsessive which leads to me falling off track. You just gotta keep everything in perspective - some days will be better than others, but at the end of the day staying within your target calories/points is what's going to ensure you drop the pounds. Have you thought about free places like MyFitnessPal.com or SparkPeople.com?

    I always wanted to try that mousse pie, let us know what you think.

    PS. Yay for becoming an Auntie!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails