Friday, April 02, 2010

Can a shift worker give up caffeine?

So I've been thinking of giving up caffeine (okay well, minus the wonderful green tea I have occasionally). I've been having crazy heart burn for too long (which I actually need to get checked out) and drinking pop and coffee isn't helping. It's actually kind of stupid that I'm still drinking these things. I got to say though I think giving up caffeine is going to be 100% harder than turning vegetarian. I've fallen into a habit of grabbing a timmies on the go (and a damn donut for that matter), or drinking the super strong stuff at work. Breaking that habit is going to be hard one, but a girl's got to do what a girl's got to do and this is the year to do it. Operation give a shit is still in effect!

3 comments:

  1. O.M.G. Give up coffee???? WOW, I certainly admire you. There's no way in hell that I could ever be able to give up coffee. I (usually) only have one mug in the morning and then maybe the occassional latte if I'm out with the girls, but it's what gets me up and ready for the day. Sad but true. Good luck!

    PS. Yes, get your heartburn checked out for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, coffee... I don't think I could give that up! I did a cleanse last year for 12 days and you couldn't have coffe and I was dying by the end of it.....

    But give it a shot - try it out for a week and see how you feel. I get heartburn too, so I know how painful it can be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck! I gave up caffeine a few years ago. I figure if I'm going to live a healthy lifestyle that I need to really step it up and do it 100%...and caffeine is an addiction! So my advice.....just do it. Stop cold turkey, deal with the caffeine withdrawl (headaches for me) for the few days and then it's done!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails