Monday, March 29, 2010

Week One - Done!

Week 1, Run 3 - Done! I have to say I felt better this time around. Not as winded, but of course it was still tough.  I'm ready for week two though. Bring it on! After the run I took the big girl out for a walk again. This time I decided to let her lead the way and went at her pace as she's still getting use to going out for so many walks after hibernating all winter (much like her Auntie). She too is building up her cardio endurance! We're quite the pair. Anyway, that's the last time I let her lead the way let me tell ya!!!  She took me too the soccer field across from my house and silly me let her! Let's just say my feet were soaked in two seconds! I forgot it just rained for two days here! Ugh.... She didn't care though.  She loved her walk, but now my shoes are the colour of dirty pavement (hence why I took them off outside, not inside) and are about to be put in the wash!

Before I went out for  the run I had some yogurt with bran buds and one piece of toast with peanut butter and low fat jam. It was just enough. I can't eat a lot before exercising, but I needed something. Later this evening I made myself dinner (cause no one else is going to), and although I made all that food yesterday I just didn't feel like a heavy mac and cheese tonight. Instead I had Blue Menu's Meatless Breaded Chicken Strips! Oh that's right, it looks like chicken, but it's not!!!  These little puppies have 14g of protein. I ate these once before I went entirely meatless, so now that I have, I'm sure they will become a staple in my freezer. I dipped them in a bit of honey garlic sauce and one word. YUM!!! I had some sweet potato, and spinach to go with it and it made for a perfect meal. I was a little hungry about 1.5 hours after eating this (despite the protein *sigh*), but I think it's because I still need to shrink my stomach. I also didn't drink enough water today so just poured myself a glass.   I have to say though, this meal is much healthier than the whopper with poutine combo I would have bought a month or two ago, so at least I'm making some improvement.

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely love the look of your blog. :) So fresh and clean!

    Great job with your c25k!!

    There's 14g of protein in those? I saw them at the store the other day but went for the veggie burgers instead. Must look into them though.

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails