Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Light Cool 'N Easy!

Look who forgot it's not called a diet anymore, it's a lifestyle! Ocean Spray came out with this new (okay, well I guess it's not super new anymore) diet cranberry juice which I just love. I'm trying to take in more liquids and this tasty juice is helping!  It's only 10cal for 1cup/250mls.

Today I have a day off so headed out to where I volunteer this morning. The horses just got moved to another stable so it was my first time heading there on my own. Lucky me, did not get lost. I didn't even use my GPS! Got to say, that's a first. Anyone who knows me, knows I suck at directions. Sadly I got there and the boss man (okay well, he's not really my boss, hello, I'm volunteering) wasn't there. Since it was the first time at the new stable, I wasn't sure what he wanted me to do etc..etc...so ended up leaving a note and left. Bummer. First because I love hanging out with the horses, and second, I got my fat ass out of bed when I didn't have to! Ugh... Hate that. Gurrr.

Now I'm home and just relaxing. Pondering what I should do today. I think I might head out and check out Chapters. My vegan colleague had this book at work which when I read the first few pages I really enjoyed. I think I might pick it up. I have a gift card to burn so why not, right?  The book is called "Skinny Bitch" I'm sure most of you have heard of it. If not, well you have now!


From the Publisher





"Not your typical boring diet (there's that word again!) book, this is a tart-tongued, no-holds-barred wakeup call to all women who want to be thin. With such blunt advice as, "Soda is liquid Satan" and "You are a total moron if you think the Atkins Diet will make you thin," it's a rallying cry for all savvy women to start eating healthy and looking radiant. Unlike standard diet books, it actually makes the reader laugh out loud with its truthful, smart-mouthed revelations. Behind all the attitude, however, there''s solid guidance. Skinny Bitch espouses a healthful lifestyle that promotes whole grains, fruits, and vegetables, and encourages women to get excited about feeling "clean and pure and energized."
Not too shabby, eh? I thought so. I don't know if I can give up pop/soda (although I'm trying to cut down due to my damn heartburn), but I know there will be some awesome tips I'll find in this book.

This morning after coming home I also did some editing/adding to the blog. I have to laugh though. I put up those little vegetarian badges, but I got to be honest, I still feel weird calling myself that. It's too early. After all I've only been meatless for 2 weeks. It seems a little premature, doesn't it? Oh well, those badges keep me in line I suppose. Plus those who are new to my blog, know right away what I eat and don't eat! I also had to laugh when I saw my dailymile badge to the right. It looks like I've been running 3.75km straight...hahhahaha.....that's funny! I'm soooo not there yet, but let me tell ya peeps, I will be!

Tonight I'm going to hang out with friends for dinner. We all get together once a month for a girl's night potluck. It's so fun and great to catch up with people, as life is busy and I don't always get to see them in between. For tonight I made Light Cool 'N Easy Pie from the Kraftcanada.com website. I've had it before and it's very good. I still need to add the cool whip on top, but that's done just before I serve it! I used raspberry sugar free jello instead of lemon or strawberry. I went to find the other at the grocery store and they didn't have it in for some reason. Oh well, raspberry is yummy too!

Well it appears I've wrote a novel, so I'll stop for now. Have yourself a good GREAT rest of your day! Until next time as Hal Johnson and Joanne McLeod say at the end of their cheesy commercials. Keep fit and have fun!

1 comment:

  1. I bought that book and read it cover to cover.

    I hated it.

    It was basically a really long advertisement trying to vconvince you to be vegan. I'm a vegetarian and all (have been for years) and don't get me wrong, would love to be vegan, but I'm not down with the way they wrote that book. I wasn't all too impressed.

    I much prefer Alecia Silverstones book (can't remember the title right now) - she explains it's about easing your way into it - not trying to disgust you so much about meat and dairy that you never want to eat it again.

    But, to each their own....

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails