Thursday, December 11, 2014

Post JAMAICA WEIGH-IN

I'm back! 

Last night, Lucky and I returned from Jamaica.  Old man winter had a gift of over 5cm of snow on our return. Quite the difference from what we woke up to yesterday morning. *sigh* 


We had a wonderful vacation. We spent time visiting friends and of course relaxing at the beach and eating mounds of food (and a few drinks). Who do you think got the best tan? ;) 


It was so nice to finally meet Lucky's friends and spend some quality time with them. One of my reasons for wanting to lose weight was to feel more comfortable when I met them. Guess what? I did!!  Sure I still had moments of feeling gigantic compared to the other girls, but I tried my best to push those feelings aside and mute the evil voice inside my head. For the most part that worked. 


I worked this bathing suit for most of the trip. Sure it's not a bikini, but that's ok. I felt comfortable in it, and that's what matters most. That picture was taken at Dunns River Falls. It was wonderful there. I didn't want to leave! 

Now that I am home though, I knew I needed to update you all and step back on the scale. I needed to know how much I gained, cause lets face it, I knew I wasn't going to lose! 

I did have intentions of working out when away. I brought my running shoes and everything. I never used them though. Lol.... I did not workout. Not in the "running on a treadmill" kinda way anyway.  As I say this though, I must have done something right still cause checkout my scale results!!!! 


Start weight: 246.5lbs
Weight prior to vacation: 223.5lbs
Weight after vacation: 226.0lbs
Gain: 2.5lbs

For a 10 day "all inclusive vacation" where I could have (okay... I did sometimes) eat my face off, I think gaining only 2.5lbs is AWESOME! I'm very pleased. I didn't even lose my 20lb milestone!!!!  Lucky gained 12lbs...lol...TWELVE!!!  Thank god I'm not a huge fan of rum! ;)  

I'm definitely motivated to keep losing and the fact I don't have to re-lose too much weight again has helped.  I think if I gained 5lbs or more I would have found it hard to start over (so thank goodness that didn't happen). 

So stay tuned to more weekly weigh-ins and the start of "fight the lazy" fridays along with #100daysofsoup!  I have way more weight to lose so I'm not going anywhere. 



5 comments:

  1. Welcome home Sonya ... Glad you had a fabulous time! and hey only 2.5 pounds is pretty great when you are on a 10 day vacation! Good Job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back! Looks like an amazing trip. I'd be totally fine with a 2.5 lb gain after 10 days in paradise, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you made it back home safely! You look so happy in that picture, sounds like you had a great time! Way to go on a small gain on a 10 day vacation...lucky wasn't so lucky haha. Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a VERY respectable vacation gain, Sonya, and will come off in no time – congratulations! Plus, what are you ashamed of, ever? You've got great legs, chickie! Lucky, puh...all a man has to do is skip dessert for a week and the weight melts off – it's so unfair!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAAAAY!!!! It's so fun to hear about your trip!!! And GREAT job with the small gain, you'll lose it in no time, no worries!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails