Thursday, July 03, 2014

Reason #3 - To feel free

The first time I lost weight was back in 2002. My sister was getting married and although I would kill to be the weight I was BEFORE I lost weight that time, I still thought I had a bit of a weight issue. According to the body mass index calculator (BMI) I did.

Back then, my one and only reason to lose weight was I didn't want to have a double chin in my sister's wedding photos. That was it. One reason, and one reason only. Total vanity, but hey, I was 23.  I ended up losing about 25 lbs and looked and felt amazing. As I say this though,  despite looking great back then, I have no desire to be 155lbs again. I know it is not sustainable. It wasn't then, and it wouldn't be now.

This time (although I want to still lose a big chunk of weight) I want to focus on how I feel. I want to FEEL amazing again. Sexy again. Beautiful again. Confident again -- regardless of what the scale says. I want to feel comfortable in your own skin like I was back then.

 I want to feel free.

Free from all the thoughts and emotions that carrying extra weight brings with it.

I'm tired of not liking each picture that is taken of me unless it's from a down angle.... you know what I mean? I'm tired of having days where I feel pudgy, sluggish or ugly. These are such negative feelings and I just don't want that in my life anymore. I want to feel energized. Strong. Positive.

So it's time to put more effort into how I feel and how I look.  If you want something you have to go after it, right? I can't just keep talking about it and talking about it.

Enough is enough already.

1 comment:

  1. Yay!!! A new friend on my birthday! A fellow traveler. So glad you left a comment on the blog. I look forward to walking the walk with you. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails