Tuesday, July 01, 2014

First official WI and reason #2

First off, Happy Canada Day! How did you celebrate?

Lucky and I decided to just relax at home this afternoon and that is more than likely what we will be doing tonight. We both have been working pretty hard lately, so it has actually been nice to just do nothing.  Hubby is currently napping and I've been searching for new blogs to read that I can relate to. I have found a few so far which has been great!  

Despite not doing anything super productive today, I am proud to have done one thing I have been dreading. I weighed myself. I knew it wasn't going to be pretty. I could feel it when wearing my clothing, and I was right. I weigh.....

244.5lbs

Yup, not happy at all about that number (I was really hoping never to see the 240s again) but it is, what it is, and hopefully with hard work and determination I'll lose what I want to and that number will only be a memory of what once was. 

My short term "on-going" goal moving forward is to just lose weight. Easy enough, right? Nope, not at all. Especially when heading on a two week European vacation on Sunday. As I said before, I'll give myself a pass for the trip, but when I return home, it's time to get to work. After all I want to be beach body ready for my next trip in November! 

This brings me to Reason #2 as to why I want to lose weight this time...  

Lucky and I are hoping to go away together (my trip come Sunday is with my father). This time to Jamaica! Lucky lived there for 10 years before moving to Canada, but he hasn't been back in 5 year.  It is  finally time to go back and visit. It all depends on $$$, but if all goes as planned, it will the the first time I'll be meeting his Jamaican friends in person and I want to make a good impression.  Despite knowing they already know what I look like from pictures and skype, I know at the weight I am now,  I would feel self conscious meeting them in person. I wish I wouldn't, but I will.  That darn internal dialog gets ya every time. I just really want to look as good as I can when meeting them so I'm hoping with some pounds gone, I'll feel better about myself and be able to relax and just enjoy the visit!  I know I can do it. There are just too many reasons not to. 

3 comments:

  1. I squealed a little when I saw you left a comment on my blog and rushed over here to see if you were posting again... And yay, you are! Woo hoo!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the right attitude. You have that first number...now just focus on making that number smaller! You've got this!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails