Monday, June 30, 2014

Reason #1

My birthday and Lucky's (nickname for DH) birthdays were on the 27th and 28th. Yup, that's right folks, our birthdays are a day apart. We both turned 35, and for both of us it was a number that was a bit hard to swollow. I mean, we both know we are still young, but at the same time we both now feel pretty old. After all, I can no longer say I'm a young adult. I couldn't really say that after 30 either, but I liked to pretend I could. Now I can't even pretend. ;)

One of the reasons I'm more confident I'll stick to blogging and weight loss going forward is that I did just turn 35, and at 35 I want babies. I just got married a little over a year ago. Lucky and I are planning (well I'm planning, he's more of a "go with the flow" kinda guy) in the next year to have babies. We have a few things to work out first before we give it the official "1, 2, 3 GO" for trying, so most likely we will not start trying for another 6 months or so, but hopefully this time next year I'll be pregnant!!! 

Now, I know that being  a 35 year old fatty, trying to conceive, might not be easy. I could get lucky like my mother and sister who both got pregnant fairly easily,  but I could have trouble too. After all my Mother was in her mid 20s when she started having children and was the size of a pencil. My sister on the other hand although overweight, was also in her 20s and even if she was in her 30s, I know just because she didn't have issues, doesn't mean I won't.  So my plan is to do what the experts tell you to do, to prepare your body for pregnancy. On top of taking vitamins and getting a physical etc ....etc... i need to lose some major weight.  Surprise, Surprise!!! Yup, my buttock is in the obese BMI catagory currently and with a lot of hard work I hope to get it to a healthier number. I know I can do it. I have before, even if it was a long time ago.  This time I just have to focus on what's important which is my health and my future desires. Not the damn chocolate bar I see at the check out line. There are too many reasons why I need to do this. Far too many, so here's to more fruits and vegetables my friends! I can do this.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails