Friday, June 27, 2014

Birthday Reflection

It's my BIRTHDAY!!!!  The big 35, and that means it's a perfect time for some reflection. It's a time when I look at myself in the mirror and once again notice that I'm still fat. Thank god, I'm tall and can kinda hide it better than if I wasn't. Regardless though, the back rolls are there, the buddha belly is there and my personal favourite, the damn double chin/gobble neck is also there and this girl is getting so very tired of looking at it all. How I wish that weight loss wasn't so darn challenging.

This past fall, I came back on this blog and proclaimed that I was BACK. I meant it at the time, and I did well on Weight Watchers (my plan of choice) for awhile, but then in February my grandmother died and I used that as an excuse to fall off the wagon. Now as you can guess, I have struggled to get back on ever since. I know my drug of choice is food when I get sad and stressed and I'm not going to lie, there has been A LOT of that in my life lately. It hasn't been easy.  I know I need to get back on track for so many, many reasons though, so here's to a new beginning....

.......after my holidays. :)

Can you feel the commitment? lol....

I know, here I proclaim my desire to lose weight and then yet again have an excuse why not to start RIGHT. THIS. SECOND.  I hear ya. *sigh* I will start to choose healthier options from today on (minus my birthday cake), but my true restart will begin when I get back. I haven't been on a true vacation in years and to be honest I don't want to worry about every little thing entering my mouth when I'm away. I'm stressed enough worrying if I'll have enough veggie options as this is the first time I'm travelling far from home as a vegetarian. I'm sure it will be fine. I'll be in Europe after all, but I still have some anxiety about it. If I were to add the fact I have to be within a certain calorie count on top of that.... forget it.

So... my plan for right now (stage 1) is to just get in the habit of blogging again. I haven't consistently done that in a very long time.  In the past this blog has helped me stay accountable and the little circle of bloggers I found helped to inspire and motivate me. This is where the second part of my plan comes in. Find old and new blogging friends so when I do officially "restart" I'll have the support I need. So far, I have noticed that although a few of the blogs I use to read are still around, many more have disappeared. I use to read this blog by Lynn from down east (sadly I can't remember the name of her last blog as she changed the name of it a few times) and I'm so sad I can't find her anymore. I get it though, I've disappeared many times myself. Perhaps Lynn and the others I use to read also fell off the wagon, or just got too busy with life to blog, or even just got bored of the blogging thing overall. No judgement here.   Regardless, I need new friends!!! I know I can't do this alone, so if you are reading this, please leave a comment and tell me about your own blog.  Also, please let me know if there are any other blogs out there of woman that are currently losing weight that you think I might find fantastic!

Anyway, I could ramble on and on, but I'll stop here for now. I have to leave something to write about  for my next blog entry afterall! I hope if you are reading this, that I hear from you.
I'll be back soon... I swear.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails