Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Yoga, Swimming, Heat - Oh My!

This past weekend I took off work and just took it easy. I wasn't feeling the greatest. My back was really hurting and I think I was in a bit of a funk. Thankfully I'm feeling better now and will be heading back to work tomorrow. Cross your fingers it will not be crazy!
Here's the update! 
Food wise:


I wish I had better news. I'm still not doing that great. I'm still caving and choosing unhealthy easy options over healthy ones. I was doing well for a bit, but when my mood sank, my food choices went back to being bad. I'm hoping to change that once again going forward though so wish me luck! I have talked to a few friends about WW, and I might just end up doing it again, but still following the kind diet as much as I can too.  I don't want to count anything at this point and time, but I think it's what I must do. Even if I eat healthy, I still need someone/something to tell me to stop eating....if you know what I mean. We'll see.... but I have a feeling I'll end up counting points in time.


Exercise wise:
A girlfriend and I swam some lengths together at her parent's pool. We were originally going to head to the local Rec Centre to do lane swimming there, but her parents have allowed us to use their pool for the summer, so we did that instead (and saved some $$$). Three lengths of their pool is one length of the 'Rec' pool. Lets just say I'm thankful we're starting out in the backyard!!!! Once again I've realized just how out of shape I am. Don't get me wrong, I wasn't horrible, but I will feel better going to the 'big' pool after I've conquered the little pool some more. I do love swimming. My heart rate was up, I was huffing and puffing and my muscles were working, but no sweating!!!!! YAYYAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!!!!!! 

I'm also 3/4 they way done my intro to yoga class. It's been great fun, but I now realize I've been doing all the moves wrong! Butt and pelvis out when it should have been in, pressing with my palms when I should be pressing with my thumb and fingers.... ugh..... oh joy! Yoga = hard stuff! But like when I took it awhile ago (aka drop-in classes) I still find it relaxing and rejuvenating in the end so it's all good. Tonight I signed up for their Beginner 1 class which starts the first week of August and Runs until the end of september, so I'm looking forward to turning into more of a yogi as the weeks go by!


Other than that I'm just trying to stay out of the heat (which means no walking or running has been happening lately) We're in the middle of a crazy heat wave here in Southern Ontario. We've been above 30C for a few days now, but tomorrow they are calling for  for record temps of 37-38C and with the humidity that will make it upward to 45-48C (which is 113-118F!!!!!!!) Bloody. Ass. HOT!!!!!! And some people still think we Canadians still live in igloos! HA-HA!!!! I think not! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails