Monday, July 04, 2011

Being kind to myself

I'm still here. Amazing isn't it? ;-) The best part is so is my motivation!

The last few days have been a bit busy with family stuff, but I did manage to get out for a walk today. I do have to rest and nap as I prep for work tonight, but because it's a gorgeous 28C (82F) day here in southern ontario I didn't want to waste it entirely.  I ended up walking an hour on the route, that in the past I have run. Even though I didn't run it this time, my high pace walk got my heart rate to 114 bpm and sweating like a beast, so my mission was still accomplished. My mission you ask? Well...

Burning f*ing calories of course!

....and lets face it. My fast walk probably is as fast as my slow run right about now!

Other than that, I've been reading this  new book I picked up at Chapters the other day. I decided not to go with the 17 day diet book, but instead I'm reading "the kind diet" by Alicia Silverstone.
I'm not saying I'm going vegan or anything, but I feel this diet is better geared to a vegetarian and that is what I am....so here goes nothing. I'm yet again learning about the benefits of complex carbs, grains, beans and vegetables I can't really even pronounce the name of. Hopefully this time it will stick and I'll be making great healthy meals in no time, rather than running to the local drive thru which always seems to be my fall back when being 'bad'. Oh how I LOVE french fries! Let me tell you though. Much like the rest of my love life *sigh* They don't love me! As a result I gave them up entirely just like meat poultry, fish, coffee and pop about a month ago. Hopefully I can keep it up like I have with the rest.

Anyway, more on the exercise front. I also am looking at joining a gym. Something I haven't done in years. There is a small one across the road from me that I might try. It's called Anytime Fitness. A friend's husband goes there for only $30/month, so if I can get  a deal like that....I'm in! I've realized that if I'm going to continue with my running, I have to do it indoors. I use the (crazy) changing weather patterns of Southern Ontario too often as an excuse. This way I could still workout no matter what.

In the meantime though, I've decided to start doing yoga again! I just signed up for a beginner four week yoga class that starts on wednesday! I'm very excited to get back at it. I'm also going to attend their free class they offer down at the local waterfront on friday evenings.  It should be lovely.

So I'm feeling good and staying focused. Yes, I could be doing even more, but for now I'm happy where I am at and that's all that matters. I've just turned 32 and by 33 I hope to be around the same weight, energy and self confidence level that I was when I was 23. I'm giving myself a year to lose my unwanted pounds. I can do it peeps. I know I can. I just need to stay focused and not get derailed by life.

Me @ 23 in Ghana, West Africa having the time of my life
Weight at about 170lbs (I'm 5'11" remember)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails