Saturday, September 18, 2010

Yum!

I made one of my favourite dishes today. Today being last night for the rest of you. Yes, I'm still working my crazy stretch of night shifts and writing this at 4:00am. What can I say...it's been a slow night here.
Today I decided to make Shepard's Pie.  I've actually talked about this recipe before here. It actually might have been the last time I made it too. Why? I have no clue, it's so freak'in yummy!

The recipe is originally not for vegetarians. Hello, it's shepard's pie, but I use Yves Veggie Ground Round (awesome stuff) as my ground beef.  Tonight, I decided to add onions and fresh mushrooms to my 'meat' along with the green beans and corn I usually add in. I have to say the additions were fantastic!  Of course I use low fat cream of mushroom soup and cheese and I added in some garlic powder just because. I truly loved it and the best part, when I put the ingredients into my WW recipe builder to calculate how many points it was it turns out to be only 5 points per serving (six servings total). Not too shabby I'd say!

In other news, I'm coming up to doing a run that is very important to me. Last year I watched from the sidelines and wished I could do it, but couldn't. This year I can and I am! On October 3rd, I'll be participating in the 5K CIBC Run for the Cure. Who am I running for? My Mom!!! :-)

1 comment:

  1. I am running on Oct 3 also - here in Calgary! will be thinking of you!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails