Wednesday, September 08, 2010

Who knew I was so scary?!

I did my first run in the dark tonight. I worked a 12 hour shift, came home,  had some ipod syncing issues and didn't get out for my run until just after 9pm. It was dark. Blackness was everywhere (a true sign summer is over in my neck of the woods), but I put on a brave face and hit the road making sure I was under street lights the whole time.  

I did enjoy the calm that comes with running at night. Most people are in their houses, there is less cars on the road and it's a peaceful kind of quiet.  I have to admit though that as I ran under one street light my shadow scared the hell out of me. haha...oops! This was only because the entire time I  feared someone jumping out of no where and attacking me. ...ugh..... Needless to say  I survived though, and I did enjoy the run. 

When I came home from work (and before I went running),  I was excited to see that I finally received an issue of the new veggie magazine called "Vegetarian Times" I ordered awhile ago. I was beginning to wonder when it was coming. I'm still to this day waiting for my WW one. Fingers crossed it also arrives soon!  Anyway,  I haven't had a chance to look at what's inside of my cool new magazine yet, but I'll be sure to inform you of anything super cool or interesting! I have to say it's not as thick as I was expecting it to be, but it's also not 4 pages if you know what I mean. 

Anyway, I've had a very long day and not a lot of sleep in the last couple of nights so I shall sign off for now. This girl needs her beauty rest.....mind you at this point I'd be happy with some ugly rest! 

One last thing though.... I always am very grateful for the comments each and everyone of you write on my blog. I know I don't say it often enough, but your words of encouragement and support I truly appreciate. Today I received a very touching anonymous comment from a reader. To you I say thank you. Thank you for taking the extra time to write me a note. A note that made me smile. A note that reminds me that I am not alone, so once again, thank you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails