Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Trip planning

Sorry for the lack of posts lately. I have been exhausted and sleeping 12-14 hours a day and haven't had the energy to come on the computer.  Switching from nights to days and having low iron really had kicked my ass!

With being tired, as you can imagine, my eating hasn't been that great. I've kind of just been grabbing whatever. I'm now up north once again and my eating yesterday was even worse. My parents have drawers full of goodies that I have gave into.  Horrible....ugh... Here's to getting back on track pronto!

Lately I have been thinking of going on a vacation. More of an adventure of sorts. I was spoiled growing up so I've already seen most of Canada and the USA, but I have yet to see a lot of other places in the world. Recently I was thinking of volunteering with Elephants! The idea came from reading a blog one day and since then I've been researching places where I could go and have an adventure of a lifetime.  I was thinking of going to Thailand before I read this online through a government website.


"There is a high threat of terrorist attack in Thailand. We continue to receive reports that terrorists may be planning attacks against a range of targets, including tourist areas and other places frequented by foreigners"


Damn, of course the country would start to go into turmoil when I want to visit! Seriously, I truly hope the people of Thailand do not experience any attacks and peace can be brought back to the country shortly. 


Since Thailand is out of the question for now, I'm not sure where or what I want to do. Sir Lanka has opportunities to volunteer with elephants, but it just doesn't have the same pull for me as Thailand did. India is another place I thought about, but I have a feeling it would be far more expensive.


I'm not sure what adventure I want to pursue now, but I'm thinking of planning something for February/March. I truly am hoping I'll be in or just crossing over  into onderland at that point and I plan to celebrate in style! 

1 comment:

  1. I hope we're both in Onedurland by then:) BTW please feel free to thrown any Thailand questions to me:) My mom is in the hospital right now but will be out in another week and she is from Thailand and all her family is still there too. I'm still hoping for a Hawaii vacation eventually but that will be dependent on how much excess belly skin I'll have::shuddering:: and what I can hopefully get the insurance to pay for too lol

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails