Friday, August 20, 2010

I'm back...with good news!

As my father says, things truly do have a way of working themselves out.

After a week long search for just the right pair of wheels (I truly had no clue what I wanted), I ended up with a 2006 Mazda 3 sport hatchback with only 47 000KM on it. It was a killer deal and although I had to drive 2 hours west to get it, I'm so glad I did. I picked it up yesterday and even though it's a sport, I plan to drive it like a Grandma would. You know the ones ;-) I'm so afraid of anything happening again.

I talked to my insurance company and to my surprise I had a "vehicle protector" (or something like that) on it, so my rates actually will not go up. Now if I get into another accident they will (hence the grandma comment), but for now I'm safe. Thank goodness!

On the food front, I've been horrible. I was out from 10am-9pm on most of my days off searching for wheels and because of that I ended up eating out A LOT. Veggie burger and fries-R-US........but guess what?

I LOST WEIGHT!!!!!!

How the freak did that happen?

I lost all the weight I gained before, plus 0.8lbs! Total loss this week 2.4lbs!!! Total WW loss - 15.0lbs!!!! (picture proof to come later). This weeks loss was truly a gift from God, which I totally don't deserve, but I'll take it!!!! Man, things are truly looking up!!!

This morning after WI, I went and bought groceries and plan to start tracking like I should have been all along. I'm not going to be travelling anywhere soon (as my trip money is now in my car), but I still do have goals I wish to reach. I obviously will not be running a 5K at the end of this month (as with food tracking, my running also went out the window), but I do plan to run the 5K "run for a cure" in October. By that time, I hope to be another 10lbs lighter. That's doable, and I know I can totally meet both goals, if I set my mind to it!

So, I am sorry that I have been absent from this blog for a bit, but I'm back ladies and gents and don't plan on going anywhere again soon!

5 comments:

  1. Yayy!!!I'm glad to see you are back and everything worked out:) I need to start blogging again as I've had quite a few new changes in my life:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hubby drives an '04 Mazda 3 and loves it! They're a fun,sporty car! :)

    Glad to hear everything worked out and your insurance isn't going up, whoohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey I am glad you are back The last couple of days I have actually been wondering how you are doing. As I haven't been checking in on blogs every day I seem to have missed this post when you originally posted it.

    But you're back and doing well. yeah :-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad to hear things are looking up for you! Great loss and congrats on the new wheels :-)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails