Monday, July 26, 2010

Day 2 - yoga challenge done!

Today I slept in until about 2:30pm in prep for my night shift tonight. Only three more to go. Thank goodness!  After I woke, I had a little breakfast of one free range, omega-3 brown egg, with 1/4cup whites and some toast. I then downloaded my next free 20 minute yoga session from Yogadownloads.

This time I decided to try their free "Jivamukti Yoga" class. I had no idea what jivamukti yoga was so thought, what the hell...lets find out!

According to a The Secrets of Yoga website, they define this type of yoga as.....

  • one of  the nine internationally recognized styles of Hatha Yoga.

  • The name Jivamukti means “liberation while living.” It is taken from the Sanskrit term "Jivanmuktih" which is used to describe the state of enlightenment or God realization. Jiva means “individual soul” and mukti means “liberation”.

The video itself states Jivemukti yoga has 5 tenets
  1. Practice of non-violence, compassion or caring -- ie. ethical vegetarianism,  animal rights, and protection of the environment (right up my alley!).
  2. yoga of devotion -- ie. leading a practice of service
  3. meditation -- ie. Seated or moving meditation of being present in the moment
  4. sound or vibration or energy - ie. chanting, sharing poses, listening to uplifting music
  5. yoga scripture
Annnnyyyyway.....

Very cool yoga with of course poses where my belly fat got in the way from doing them 100% correctly...ugh..... I did the best I could though and that's all that matters! Day two - complete!  

On a side note.....Recently I've realized that I haven't been really sharing the art of vegetarian cuisine very well. Sorry about that. I suck. It's just life (and these darn shifts) has gotten in the way of me 'cooking'. Instead of cooking from scratch, I've been reheating from frozen. Once again...ugh.....


When I decided to become a veggie head back in March, I realized that a lot of the brand name frozen entrees I use to eat (that were low cal) didn't really target the veggie market. Most had chicken in them. As a result, I recently tried a few Amy's brand organic entrees which I found in the organic section of my local gorcery store. I have to say they are pretty good. A tad expensive, but good.  Of course they don't taste as awesome as homemade, but for a lazy girl that has recently needed quick and easy healthy meals to take to work,  these are spot on.

1 comment:

  1. Great job on day two!

    I love Amy's products, they are a little expensive but so good. My fav are the cheese & black bean burrito & the tomato bisque soup.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails