Saturday, September 11, 2010

I'll have a cup of......

Whoever came up with these brilliant little rice cups that are microwavable and ready in just one minute, I say thank you! How fabulous are these? I took one to work yesterday and it was delish! I've never been a rice girl, but with the help of these little cups, I just might turn into one!

I'm always looking for new quick and easy food ideas that are simple to throw in my lunch box, so I was so happy when these little puppies caught my eye at the grocery store (boy, do I sound like an infomercial so far.).  Last week I bought the long grain and wild rice with fine herbs (210cal/4gfat/1gfibre) and the whole grain brown rice cups (230cal/4gfat/3gfibre). They were the two which were lower in points when I did my WW calculation in the middle of the store.  I often do this when finding new products that look like they might be healthy enough for me to eat.  I'm sure I'm not alone!  For the amount of rice you get in these cups,  I was okay with the point value and decided to buy them. For more info on their nutritional value, click on the link above.

Yesterday I didn't end up posting as really it was a pretty boring day. I worked my shift came home and slept. Yup, that pretty much sums it up. I was damn tired. I was really hoping to sleep in today until about noon, but of course I woke up at around 8:00am. I guess that's 'sleeping in' a bit considering I usually get up for a day shift at 5:00am, but still.... eight, really? ugh.... I guess the upside is I have nothing on my agenda for today (until this evening) so I can vegetate in bed until that time if I want to. So far I have! ;-)  Yay! I love days like this.

1 comment:

  1. I "slept in" till 0526h. Thankfully, I was able to go back to sleep until 0714h! What good is the weekend if you can't sleep a little?!

    H =)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails