Friday, April 09, 2010

Following in Jamie's Footsteps

I was soooooo  HUNGRY today!!!!!!!! Dear god, I was hungry!!!!!! I ate healthy today. I drank my water as I should, but I DID NOT eat enough protein at all. How do I know this? Because myfitnesspal told me and my stomach did too!!!! AHHHHHHHH......HUNGRY!!!!!!

To make sure that this doesn't happen again,  I came home after working a 12 hour day shift and cooked.  Something that might not seem that big of a deal to you, but let me assure you, it's a huge lifestyle change for me! I usually come home and just vegetate on the couch. After all, I get home at 8pm and that's prime time TV time people!!!  Tonight I did turn on the TV but watched Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution while I cooked along side him (great show btw).

As Jamie attempted to bring 1000 people through his kitchen,  I was busy in mine making two easy/fast recipes tonight. One called Vegetarian Chickpea Sandwich Filling. I thought it would be great for making sandwiches for work for the next two days. Unlike most of you, my work week has just begun! I haven't taste tested it yet, so will have to post my review tomorrow! FYI - It's missing the mayo still in the picture.

The second recipe I made was called Easy Vegetarian Red Beans Lasagna.   A few changes I made was using UVAB instead of the called for milk. I also used a whole can of diced tomatoes (28oz) instead of the 14.5oz it called for. I  sprinkled 1/3 cup shredded old cheddar on top instead of gruyere cheese (which I couldn't even begin to pick out in a grocery store) and lastly I used thyme and basil instead of oregano as I didn't have any in the house.

The fat content is high for this one, but with switching the milk to UVAB and using cheddar instead of gruyere I'm hoping it would be less brutal. By reducing the serving size I hope to be okay as well. I still made it because I bought all the ingredients to make it before I decided to join myfitnesspal. Plus I must admit I just really wanted to. It looks damn good! Was it you ask? Damn right, it was FAN-FREAK'N-TASTIC!!!!! I loved it.  I will definitely make it again if I can figure out the calorie/serving size thing. It's soooo good guys...so good! I'm sitting here wanting more, but I'm forcing myself to stop. I am still hungry and when I'm in this state I could eat the whole damn casserole if I'm not careful, so this girl has got to walk away!!!!!! Sorry for the ugly 'cooked' photo. I was too damn hungry to take a nice picture before I ate some! The lasagna doesn't really come out looking like lasagna normally would (doesn't help I didn't use a 9x9 pan), but in my opinion who the heck cares? I just stuck it in a bowl and ate it anyway. Scrumptious!

Today was a nice day at work.  It was my student's last day of her placement with me, and she was kind enough to give me a gift!   She knows I have made some significant changing lately with my diet, so going on that, she gave me my very first vegetarian cookbook! She also gave me loose leaf green tea! How nice was that? So sweet of her. I'm really going to miss having her around, but I know we'll hang out in the future. Other than that, not much is going on. I was going to do day two of the EA Sport Active Challenge, but opted to cook instead. I'll tackle the Wii again tomorrow! I promise!

Night night everyone!

1 comment:

  1. What a thoughful gift! :)

    That lasagna looks great, mmm mmm. I'm a sucker for any carby cheese dish!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails