Saturday, March 27, 2010

Walk/Run/Walk/Run

Okay, so I have to admit I miss my crazy lady with the crazy eyes on my previous blog header. I wish there was a way to keep that header with this layout. For some reason the layout editing option on my old template didn't work....and apparently some blog readers couldn't comment either! What's up with that? Sorry dudes...I didn't realize until recently that little glitch!

Right now, I'm not 100% satisfied with this template either. I might change it again. I might not. We shall see. I think I'll keep my title though for now. It's been with me from the beginning so perhaps it's best I just stick with it. I did change the tag line though as suggested (thanks!). Yet again I'm not 100% satisfied the new tag line though. Hopefully, I'll think of something more creative in time.

ANYWAY......

In other news...I am pleased to announce that I got my fat arse off the couch again, and did another training session of the couch to 5K. Week 1, Run 2 - DONE! This time I ran alone around my neighbourhood. I tried to distract myself from focusing on the fact I was dying running by looking at houses (oh I like that one, oh that one is totally nasty) and checking out fellow runners who were kicking my ass as they jetted past me. Damn fit 50 year olds!

I must admit if nothing else though, I did 'feel' like a runner today. Is that even possible after only two runs? I mean, I had the ipod in hand, the jogging pants, zip up hoody and even the Olympic Canadian mitts on to inspire me! I even had some cool sunglasses on. Oh yes, I was styling!  If a car passed me while I was doing my 60 second run, I might just have fooled him into thinking I was a marathon runner...okay well....a girl can fantasize!

After the run, I decided to take my best friend Cookie's (who lives with me at the moment) dog for a walk. Poor thing. She had a stroke a few years ago and Cookie totally rehabilitated her. She couldn't even walk after the stroke and now she's pretty much back to normal. Sure she has a new swing in her step , but who cares? She's sexy with a limp! She's still one happy dog and that's all that matters. We had a great walk together although like Auntie Sonya she was pretty tired in the end.  I wish I could run with her, but she can't handle that anymore....mind you...maybe she could considering I'm only running for 60 seconds at a time ;-) Hell, she might even be able to jet past me too like those darn 50 year olds! I thought I'd share a few pics of me and the big girl...Yes, I look totally different in the two pictures shown...what can I say, I transform myself often!
Vegetarian wise.....I made spaghetti  for dinner using Veggie Ground Round and whole wheat pasta tonight Yum, Yum! Tomorrow I'm heading to the Mandarin (a.k.a. eat until you vomit chinese buffet) for dinner with the folks for my Grandmother's 85th birthday. It should be interesting as I usually fill my face on pepper steak, chicken balls and lemon chicken. Not this time baby...vegetable chow mein here I come.

1 comment:

  1. Yay, Sonya! I'm so glad that I can finally comment again. So proud of you, girl!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails