Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Meatless Wednesday and More

Still going strong with the whole new lifestyle. Veggie-R-Us.  I had yogurt for breakfast with bran buds, a salad and a few almonds for lunch. I then finished the night off with more delicious veggie loaf for dinner (with some extra veggies and dip for dessert). I have to say this was one of the best food days I've had in a long time. I made sure to get my protein in, so I wasn't hungry today at all, despite all the veggies I was eating. It was fan-freak'n-tastic ladies and gents. Everything was very filling.

Of course I have to remember (as my father did tonight for me while chatting on the phone) it's not only what you eat, but how much. I agree...and I'm getting there slowly but surely. I just have to remember to drink more water. Today (only having had three hour of sleep last night) my fluid intake consisted of coffee, diet coke and more coffee. Not good, but hey....I stayed awake, and lets face it....that was my goal!

I spoke to some colleagues at work about my new running goal. They of course all think it's awesome (I still think I'm crazy) I even had another running buddy offer.   At first I thought he was talking about just running the race with me in July (which is awesome), but later realized he was talking about even training with me....I thought well there's some motivation for me. Hot guy wants to run with me...hum....let me think for a minute....OKAY! With that being said though, I will not be running with him for a while. This is a dude who is a hard core runner. Need I remind you, I am not.  I do not want him having to do CPR on the sidewalk. That might be a tad embarrassing!   I know he would be super nice about running with a beginner, but the simple fact I'll be only running for 90 sec every other minute to start, I think I'll hold out on him for a bit. I can't let him see how completely out of shape I am, now can I?  I'm excited to now have three other people running the race with me though. It keeps me motivated for sure.

1 comment:

  1. Hey girl! Way to go for setting a great goal for yourself. I'm trying to lose around 20 lbs myself, and your blog has been a really nice, motivational read. If you're looking for something to mix your exercise up, you could always try a dance class! They always get your heartbeat up and it's just fun! Good luck with everything. I look forward to seeing how it all turns out for you!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails