Tuesday, September 02, 2014

Joelle = exercise!

Since my post on Sunday,  I've been trying to figure out what kind of exercises I could do that I would enjoy.

I keep hearing and reading about people running races and training or doing exercise videos at home and I have to be honest, none of these really appeal to me.  Yes,  I have dabbled in running before and maybe I'll do it again, but right now I'm not up for a crazy "learn to run -- again" schedule. Maybe I'm afraid of it as I know how brutal it was the first time. I don't know, but for now I'm not ready to do it again. As for videos, I have several including the wii videos, but I just don't love them enough to do them. 

Then I read about people joining gyms and although I am excited for them, I know it's not the answer for me. I wish it was but it's not. Not right now anyway.  I've had two memberships in the past where I'd go for a couple months and then stop. It ends up being such a waste of money.

Then I realized how silly I was being! 

Hello... I have a horse! 

I love horseback riding. Why on earth would I not consider this real exercise?   

Once I clued in, I went onto my WW exercise tracker to see how many points I would get for riding. 


Fall 2013 - Joelle and my VERY FIRST ride together!

Trotting = 3 points for 30min
Walking = 2 points for 30 min 

Easy! 

I even found out they count grooming a horse as exercise! I laughed out loud when I read that. 2 points for grooming for 15 minutes! I'm not sure I would count those points, but it's still funny that I could if I changed my mind. 

Come on.. How cute am I? 

So even though I won't be racking up points like I could be if I ran a marathon, I am still doing something. Just a little different from everyone else out there. The main thing is I love it, and I know I can (and will) stick to it. I waited a long time to ride Joelle  (as I got her at 6 months old) so now that I can I need to ride her more than I do. Lately I've let drama (and the fact my mood plummets when drama occurs making me want to stay at home in bed all day) happen too often. No more my friends!!! I will not let that happen anymore. I will get out to the barn more and be with Joelle and enjoy some cowboy exercise! 

Now hopefully in the future I'll find more activities I love (swimming/biking/yoga?) but for now Joelle and I will continue to have fun together!

I love when exercise doesn't feel like exercise and riding Joelle definitely does not.

Love this girl


3 comments:

  1. What a great way to get some exercise in! I bet horseriding does wonders for your core! You have to find something you love. I tried running.. I do it but I hate it but I LOOOOOOVVVVEEEE tennis so I have to just suck it up and run a bit for conditioning purposes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being active and LOVING what you are doing is the key! Just keep moving! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds wonderful! And I'm sure your horse appreciates the exercise, so it's good for both of you! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails