Sunday, October 03, 2010

Today I ran for my Mom!

Today was a great day. I woke up at 6:45am did some yoga stretches, stuck on my gear and headed out the door. Soon after I picked up my Mother and we were on our way to the CIBC Run for the Cure!

I ran the 5K at a personal best of just under 40 minutes and my Mom walked the 1K.  My friend ran the 5K as well ----> with a chest cold! It was her first 5K and she rocked it!

Last year I couldn't have run this race if my life depended on it. Last year I said never gain. I'm so proud that I took the time to train and was able to meet my goal.  This race was special in so many ways!

Before the Race - it was a tad chilly! 

My Mom and I - She got a special survivor t-shirt to wear (and a funky wig!)
The sea of people who raised over $500 000 for Breast Cancer Research! 

The only running picture I have (Mom took a video that didn't really turn out that well at the finish line).
My friend's husband took this one. I'm the chick on the far right waving! lol.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails