Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Pride

Hey folks,

Nothing too exciting to report. I've been pretty hungry these last few days (damn you buffet for stretching out my stomach again!), but I'm doing my best to keep on track. So far so good. This morning I took a  peek at the scale. It shows I'm down, but I was also naked so here's hoping it will still be down with clothes on at my weight watchers WI.

The last few days I've been thinking about the Pride and Remembrance Run I'm suppose to be doing on saturday. A part of me feels like dropping out. I have only run 2 times since my 5K race and I'm not feeling ready at all. Add that to the fact I'll be all by myself this time in a crowd of thousands, makes me feel a tad lonely.  I don't have a crazy team, I don't even have a crazy partner. I'm doing this one by myself with no cheering section.

The other part of me really still wants to do it though. The other part of me wants to run for my clients and in particular for one. For one that was a huge runner before he became ill. One that encouraged me to run when I was training for my first 5K, but died before I could share the fact that I accomplished my goal. He died of AIDS.

The pride and remembrance run are for my clients. So really, who cares if I run the entire thing. The fact that I'm getting out there and doing it for him and my many other clients should be enough. So here goes nothing. I will face my fears and remember what Eleanor Roosevelt said "you must do the thing you think you cannot do" and be proud for just getting out there.

2 comments:

  1. This sounds similar to how I felt at my first race when I had my hubby there with me. But once I completed the race I was happy I did it. You should always challenge yourself to do something that scares you. I say go for it.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails