Thursday, August 28, 2014

Reason #4

In the past I have listed reasons why I want to lose weight. Here is another one....

Recently one of my best friends asked me to be in her wedding and I couldn't be more excited. She's planning for a late 2015 or early 2016 destination wedding. That should give me plenty of time to get this weight off. It better be enough time anyway!

Now when it comes to talking about weddings, I can't  help but think back to when another one of my friends got married five years ago. I was her maid-of-honor at the time. I remember when she was picking out dresses for us  and how she wanted to make sure I felt comfortable in it.....more so than the other girls. I knew why. I was the fat one, but it still sucked.

Now, surprisingly, I never got upset at her for pointing out the obvious. I didn't think she was being cruel. Maybe because she is also plus size herself.  In her mind she was probably just asking me what she would hope I'd ask her if it was in the reverse. I get that.... but of course, like I said before, it still sucked. I don't want to go through that experience again. I want to feel comfortable in anything I wear. 

....and that brings me to clothing in general.

I hate clothes shopping right now. Most things feel uncomfortable or just look bad. I only shop at a handful of stores because they are the ones that sell XXL.  I currently buy things because they fit. If a certain t-shirt looks good and there are two colours I buy both.  Sometimes these stores have clothes with style. Sometimes...well.... not. so. much. I long for the days where I can walk into any store and grab a large off the shelves. A large peeps... I'm not asking for much. I want the freedom of being skinny. It's hard enough shopping as a woman. Add the fact I'm tall (5'11") and plus size... it ain't easy my friends. It's time I change.








1 comment:

  1. I never thought I was a clothes horse. I was overweight most of my life. But when I got down to my lowest weight I just could NOT stop shopping! I loved it! Now I have bins of clothes that I want to lose weight to wear again. The problem? when I relose this weight I want to SHOP!!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails