Sunday, November 21, 2010

No Race

I didn't run today. I was suppose to. I paid my entrance fee and everything, but I didn't. I partly feel like a failure, but I know I made the right decision for me.

I haven't ran in about 3 weeks. It actually might be longer.  As a result, I knew I wouldn't be able to run it like I would want to, I knew I'd probably be last again and I just didn't want to feel bad about it.

I'm finally starting to feel good again and I didn't need a bad run pulling me down.

Judge me if you will, but that's how it is.

I knew if I had a bad run, I'd be all bummed about it, and start feeling sad about it, rather than being happy that I was just out there doing it. I know myself too well and this is how it would go so I didn't go.

I do still plan to keep running. I will not give it up, but for now it will be with friends on own my own time. In the new year I'll pick a new race and share my results with you all.

I promise!

For now I know I did what is right for me.

2 comments:

  1. Sonya, good for you for recognizing potential triggers that may affect the progress you are making. But know that noone here is going to think negatively or judge you for making a smart choice for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about not being able to run! No one will judge you on that. You have to make the right decisions for you! There will always be another run!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails