Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Jiggle Jiggle

Last night I got in Week 3, Run 2 of the C25K.  The last 60 seconds, of the last three minute run was tough, but I did it!  I ran on the road this time, and can I just tell you, I felt super runner cool! I was thinking "oh yeah, who's the runner now?" but as soon as I thought that, it was time to walk. This lead me to mosey onto the sidewalk. I still think people would wonder what the hell a girl was walking on the road for if I stayed there.  I really shouldn't give a damn what people are thinking, but I'm not there yet.  It was a gorgeous day yesterday. The sun was shinning which of course brought out my shadow. Oh my dear shadow. How I wish I didn't see you! ugh....jiggle, jiggle jiggle. My mouth dropped. I instantly wanted to quit so I didn't have to see that nasty shadow,  but then I realized  that wouldn't help the situation in the long run now would it? After all I want that jiggly ass to be one firm bottom in the coming weeks and running is going to help me get it.

I'm NOT looking forward to week 4 (the first 5 minute run). I'm going to do the last run of week 3 and if I don't feel I'm ready I might repeat week 3 over again. We'll see. Usually after the third run I'm ready to go on to the next week, but jumping from 3 minutes to 5 is HUGE! Okay, well maybe not for you marathon runners, but for this girl it is just crazy. What happen to the 4 minute mark? I like the number 4!

This morning I woke up early and went and volunteered. I groomed a few horses, wash and braided some tails for the first time (I think I was more wet than the tails!) and of course picked up some poop! Oh glorious poop. How my life revolves around you. I had a great time as always though and look forward to going back. I was just informed they have bought a new horse named "Suzy" who will be their lesson horse, so who knows....I might be riding soon! I've wanted to get back into riding and maybe now is my chance!

After coming home and having another black bean burger. I completed day three of my EA Sport Active 30 day Challenge. It was a pretty fast and easy upper body workout today. Regardless,  I know I'll be feeling it tomorrow.

Tonight I'm going to a dinner union meeting and then to yoga with a friend. We're going to try out vinyasa. I honestly have no idea what I'm in for, but here's hoping I'll be able to move tomorrow!

4 comments:

  1. Don't sell yourself short. You can do the next week of C25K!!! Have confidence in yourself!!!! And remember......Fat hurst so much more than any pain you feel from exercise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember going from 3 to 5 minutes when i did my first 5KM training and i thought it was going to be really difficult but i pushed through and felt AMAZING afterwards! so maybe give it a chance before you repeat week 3.. and if you cant do the full 5 mins, do 4 instead and then repeat week 4!

    I have just started running again after a year hiatus and am slowly working myself back up, it is definately a process but feels so good everytime you can add a minute :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY! glad you got out for a run - I haven't been out in ages and I'm supposed to be running a 10km in a month *oops*

    Keep it up - you're butt's going to be tight in no time :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't worry about your "jiggles" I'm sure they were worse looking in your shadow...seriously, you're out running - feel great about that!!

    My advice to you about your 5 min run - take it slow, just crawl along - you'll be able to do it and I can't wait to hear all about it! Good luck. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails