Friday, January 08, 2010

LuLu

Official first WI is later today. I have come to terms with the fact I will not see the outstanding results like I was hoping for my first week. Why? One word - TOM.  Who starts a movement for change when TOM is around the corner? Oh I DO, I DO!

I'm currently sitting here finishing up my night shift  with cramps, bloating and numbness radiating down my leg. Oh joy oh fun let me tell ya! lol... Don't worry, I am strong. I can handle him.....with drugs. ;-)

Before wonderful TOM entered my house this evening I went back to my favourite (easy to be as it's the only one I've ever been to!) Yoga studio and went to my first HOT Power Yoga Class.

I have to say I was a little intimidated when I got there as unlike the last class apparently power yoga attracts the trendy poshe lululemon girls - and lots of them!  I tried to remind myself that just because they wear lululemon does not mean they are rock stars at yoga....but then the class started, and let me tell ya.....they were! lol....

Okay, well maybe they were not rock stars, but they certainly have been doing yoga longer than I and therefore are far better at it and far stronger.  I have to tell you though, I didn't do that bad for being the fat girl in the class.  I still can't handle downward dog and plank position for that long, but I was able to do the whole workout without vomiting or passing out so I'm thinking that's a good start! I sweat like a mo-fo, but  felt so relaxed, rejuvenated and strong when I was done. It was hard at times(as unlike the rest of the ladies, I have zero muscle) but I loved it and will be going back for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails