Monday, January 04, 2010

01/01/10 - New Year Resolutions

Happy New Years Everyone! I hope you had a great holiday season and are ready to embrace a new year and new decade!


As you can see, I'm back....again! I'm determined this year to make some changes in my life. I know I have said it before and never followed through, so I don't expect any of you to believe me, but once again I am back to blogging and losing weight.

I  have said over and over again that I do not want my 30s to be like my 20s. My 20s (mid to late anyway) were all focused on food and the struggle and depressing thoughts. I want and need to change that. So I have vowed that 2010 will be my year to kick some ass. I know I can. I have done it before. I just need to take it one day at a time, keep focused on my goal and the results will come. My 31st birthday will be in June. I'd like to lose as much weight as I can before then....therefore Operation January to June is now in effect!

It sounds so easy, but I know it will be very difficult, but I also know it will be worth it. I love the thought of being under 200 lbs again and can't wait to get there. I can't wait to be able to go into a store (any store) and have my pick of all sorts of stylish clothing. I can't wait to be able to cross my legs comfortably again. I can't wait to get rid of my pudgy belly. Gosh I hate my belly...I don't care who likes it now...it's got to go!!!!

This weight loss journey is for me. It's about getting back to a place where I was most comfortable, confident and energetic. It's a place that put a smile on my face and a spring in my step.

Weight Loss is my #1 New Years Resolution as I'm sure it is for millions of other people. It is not my only resolution though. I'd like to read novels more and plan to read one a month. I'd also like to decrease the amount of time spent on Facebook (man that site is a time sucker), get back to writing my thoughts (hence part of the reason I'm back to blogging) and continue to reconnect with old friends.

I found a few quotes lately that I have connected with.... they go like this...
  1. " It's time to stop creating situations in your life that you KNOW won't make you happy or comfortable - even if they feel good in the moment." ~ Christian Carter
  2. "Everything you do is triggered by an emotion of either desire or fear" ~ Brian Tracy
I'm not sure who these two guys are...but they sure are smart!

As a result this year I have decided to do what makes me happy and comfortable....by desiring more, and fearing less!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails